At InterApp (www.interapp.net), a Swiss multinational company with more than 40 years of experience, we are passionate about designing and manufacturing high-quality valves. When it comes to transporting and regulating processes with liquids, gases or solids as safely as possible, our high-quality valves and control devices play a decisive role.
As an international company with production sites in Spain and Switzerland, we supply valves to customers all over the world. Our innovative solutions are installed in the most demanding processes and industries such as the chemical, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries, power plant construction, mining, shipbuilding or water treatment, and contribute to process safety and reliability.
Our vision is to make the difficult easy, reinvent the valve industry, and create a more sustainable future.
Our purpose is to provide solutions that make life easier and help protect the environment.
InterApp belongs to AVK Holding (www.avkvalves.com), a privately owned industrial group founded in Denmark in 1941. It currently comprises +100 companies worldwide with 4886 employees and a turnover of €1020 million. We develop and produce valves, hydrants and accessories for water and gas distribution, wastewater treatment and fire protection.
To continue its international development process, InterApp selects at its production center in Spain (Madrid / San Agustín de Guadalix):
MANAGING DIRECTOR SPAIN
Industrial Valves / Fluid Technology
The holder of the position reports directly to the CEO InterApp Group. We are seeking a purpose-driven and human-centred Managing Director to lead our InterApp Spain. The Managing Director will be responsible for setting and executing the overall strategic direction of the organization, developing people and business, managing operations, and ensuring sustainability. This role requires exceptional leadership, business acumen, and a strong ability to inspire and motivate teams.
· Strategic Leadership: Develop and communicate a clear vision and strategy for the organization, ensuring alignment with the InterApp’s groupwide vision and purpose, shared understanding of behaviour, working together principles and entrepreneurial mindset. Drive growth initiatives, market expansion, and new business opportunities in the valve industry
· Operational Excellence: Oversee and optimize operations to achieve organizational objectives, focusing on efficiency, effectiveness, and customer satisfaction. Implement best practices to streamline processes, improve productivity, and reduce costs.
· Financial Management: Develop and manage the organization’s budget, ensuring financial health and sustainability. Work closely with the finance team to monitor financial performance, analyze trends, and make data-driven decisions.
· Team Leadership and Development: Build and lead a high-performing leadership team, providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship to achieve organizational goals. Foster a positive work culture, promoting collaboration, innovation, and employee development. Develop InterApp Spain to become an employer of choice.
· Stakeholder Engagement: Build strong relationships with stakeholders, including customers, partners, and regulatory bodies. Represent the organization externally, promoting its values and objectives within the industry and community.
· Risk Management and Compliance: Identify and mitigate risks that could affect the organization’s operations or reputation. Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
· Customer Focus: Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and market dynamics to drive product/service development and enhance customer satisfaction.
· Demonstrated success in leading and growing a business or division within the metal processing industry (preferably in the valves sector).
· Exceptional leadership skills with a track record of aligning business success with a purpose-driven approach and with a focus on empowering and supporting teams.
· Proven ability to lead with empathy, fostering a culture of collaboration.
· Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, guided by empathy and understanding.
· Strategic thinker with the ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and initiatives.
· Ability to operate in a global matrix organization working with international stakeholders.
· Strong financial acumen and experience in budget management and financial analysis.
· Experience working with ERP systems.
· Higher education in business administration or engineering with focus on production and logistics
· Fluency in English and Spanish; further languages of advantage
Interested attach cv in English when registering for the offer of Ref. 14161